VCI Paper From The Anti-Rust Experts
Rust Inhibitors to Solve Your Varied and Complex Rust Problems
If you’re tasked with ensuring the quality of your metal parts for your manufacturing plant or foundry, you need a cost-effective solution that works.
Rust Guard Premium™ VCI (vapor corrosion inhibitor) paper provides extensive and effective rust protection when shipping or storing metal parts. The vapor corrosion-inhibiting technology behind Rust Guard Premium™ Rust Inhibitor Paper enables long-term protection on ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including iron, steel, cast iron, copper, brass, galvanized steel, and zinc.
Inside The VCI Method: How Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Paper Works
The rust preventative wraps known as VCI are coated with corrosion-inhibiting chemicals, which vaporize into the air around metal parts and protect them from rust and corrosion.
These corrosion-inhibiting chemicals work on a molecular level, as the VCI technology migrates from the paper into the packaging environment to create a thin layer of protection that adheres to all areas of a metal’s surface, including hard-to-reach areas like cracks, crevices, nooks, and other irregularities.
Metal Parts Protected With Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Paper:
- Automotive parts
- Cast Iron: Ductile and Grey Iron
- Steel coils
- Steel bars
- Steel tubing
- Steel forgings and die casting
- Raw and machined forgings and castings
- Metal stampings
- Galvanized metal
- Powdered metal parts
- Electronic components
- Printed circuit boards
- And more
VCI Paper By Metal And Application
While Anti-Rust Paper protects these stated metal types, specific varieties of VCI paper are more effective on certain metals than others. Because huge differences exist in metal composition, we have several varieties of Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Preventative Paper for sale to meet the rust preventative needs of every metal:
- VCI paper for ferrous metals is designed specifically for steel parts and wires, iron castings, springs, bearings, and stampings
- VCI paper for non-ferrous metals is designed specifically for aluminum, copper, brass, bronze, and other alloys
- VCI multi-metal papers are perfect for metals composed of several kinds of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, including iron, steel, zinc, aluminum alloys and copper alloys
Application is another consideration when deciding between the right VCI paper products:
- Wax-coated papers seal oil and grease inside the metal part and keep them from leaking into the shipping container
- Poly-coated paper ensures extra puncture resistance for heavy and sharp parts
- Reinforced paper is extremely effective for very heavy and large parts
- Reinforced, poly-coated paper wraps are best applied as a liner for shipping crates and wooden boxes in transport overseas or for wrapping large steel coils
Green Packaging carries a comprehensive selection of environmentally friendly vapor corrosion-inhibiting papers for sale to fit your specific metal and application scenario.
How To Use VCI Paper When Packaging Parts
- Wrap metal parts in Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Prevention Paper
- Place inside wooden crates, boxes or shipping containers
- Interleave Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Inhibitor Paper between layers of parts or drape over parts
VCI Paper FAQs
Q: What makes Green Packaging’s Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Anti-Rust Paper better than other vapor corrosion inhibitors on the market?
A: While some Rust Preventative Paper is only coated on one side, Green Packaging’s Rust Guard Premium™ VCI paper is coated on two sides. This results in limited confusion and easy application for employees on the plant floor. Plus, the double-sided construction enhances interleaving capability when packaged in a container of metal parts.
Q: Is VCI Rust Prevention Paper better than oils and greases?
A: In metal parts packaging, oils and greases require time and intensive labor to spray, dip or brush onto metal parts. Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Inhibitor Paper offers ease of use. After metal parts are wrapped in VCI paper and placed in a VCI poly bag, they will remain corrosion-free for years. Packaging metal parts in Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Anti-Rust Paper results in less paper, less waste, and cost savings for your company and your customers. If you need to pack large quantities of metal parts, consider our Dry Coat Rust Preventative.
Q: What kinds of companies use Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Preventative Paper products?
A: Foundries, precision machine shops, gear manufacturers, powdered metal parts manufacturers, bearing manufacturers, firearms manufacturers, heavy equipment manufacturers, spring and metal-stamping manufacturers, and other Fortune 500 industrial companies choose Green Packaging to solve their complex, industry-specific corrosion problems.
Q: How do I know which VCI product is right for my type of metal?
A: Ferrous metals – such as iron, steel and cast iron metals – are protected using Green Packaging VCI bags, GP30BT, or GP30UPX VCI paper. Non-ferrous metals – such as copper, brass, bronze, aluminum, tin and galvanized steel – are protected using Rust Guard Premium™ VCI bags, or GP30BT or GP30UPX (Multi-Purpose Inhibitor) paper. Multi-metals containing a combination of ferrous and non-ferrous metals can be protected using Green Packaging Rust Guard Premium™ VCI bags, or GP30BT paper. Silver metals may be protected from tarnishing with Silver Shield paper.
Request free samples of Rust Guard Premium™ VCI Rust Prevention Paper today, and test our anti-corrosion packaging on your metal parts.