VCI: Better Than Oils & Greases
VCI, or Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor, is a cost-effective rust preventative, an alternative to the messy and ineffective greases and oils of old.
- Greases and oils are ineffective, messy and toxic.
- R.P. oils require a lot of time, effort and money to clean and process upon delivery of your parts to customers.
- R.P. oils also pose health issues for personnel.
VCI products are environmentally friendly, economical, trusted alternatives that solve corrosion problems once and for all.
These products are coated with corrosion-inhibiting molecules that move from the carrier – either paper or poly bag – to a metal’s surface to form a thin protective layer that defends against the corrosive nature of oxygen and moisture.
Unlike other rust-prevention methods, the vapors in VCI products have the ability to reach recessed metal surfaces that would otherwise go untouched. They’re formulated to saturate the vapor space quickly, with lasting effects.
The Less Costly Anti-Rust Solution
- Reduced labor costs: VCI products are easy to use – no coating, spraying, dipping or brushing.
- Reduced insurance costs: VCI products are environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-allergenic, non-reactive and safe – no flammable liquids leading to slips and other accidents on the plant floor.
- No disposal fees: VCI is completely recyclable and repulpable.
- Effortless unpackaging: Customers receive products in a clean, dry state, ready to use (corrosion-inhibiting molecules evaporate after the VCI packaging is removed).
Rust costs money. Shipping rusted parts to customers results in return transportation costs plus the expense of de-rusting returned parts or scrapping unsalvageable ones – not to mention the labor costs associated with handling the job.
You might be able to get away with shipping rusted parts to your customers once, but never a second time.
Choose a better rust-prevention method. Your image, your reputation, your business – they’re all on the line.